In order to provide high quality healthcare to patients, the provider of care must possess the skills and competency indicative of a high quality medical provider. The rationale for measuring quality improvement is the belief that good performance reflects good-quality practice. A quality improvement strategy is defined as any intervention aimed at reducing the quality gap. Therefore, students must aim to achieve the skills and competencies indicative of high quality healthcare providers through the systematic implementation of a quality improvement strategy.
PO1. Provide high quality, safe, patient-centered care grounded in holistic health principles. (holistic health & patient-centered care)
The purposes of this activity are to: (a) reflect upon providing high quality healthcare to patients, (b) identify knowledge deficits as determined by the 3P (APEA) examination, (c) identify educational resources available through the Chamberlain University library, (d) create a self-driven quality improvement plan aimed at decreasing knowledge deficits and improving performance, and (e) share your improvement strategies with student peers.
1. Reflect upon PO1 and provide two (2) or more examples of how you specifically achieved or had exposure to this outcome during this course (NR 509).
2. Review the results of your 3P examination.
3. Identify three (3) content domains in which your performance was the lowest percentage as compared to the national average. If two or more domains share equal percentages, select the three lowest domains for this activity. In the example below, the student scored the lowest (17%) in the Endocrine and Urology domains and 33% in Cardiovascular. The student would select all three domains.
Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat 50%
Men’s Health 33%
Sexually Transmitted Infections 50%
Women’s Health 80%
Access the NR509 Library course guide (LibGuide) using the web link below and select resources available through the Chamberlain University library to research topics and content areas related to the domains identified in Step 3. Explore the NR509 LibGuide Study Strategies box.
1. Create a self-guided quality improvement plan based on these resources. Include details such as:
• Resource Names
• Timeline for studying
2. Share your improvement plan with your peers in the Week 8 Summary Reflection Post in Canvas.
Category Points % Description
Program Outcome Achievement 10 40% The quality of the discussion/reflection post is determined by the following: specifically identifies PO1 and provides two (2) or more examples of how the student specifically achieved or had exposure to this outcome during this course.
Identifies Resources and Creates Quality Improvement Plan 10 40% The quality for this category is determined by the following: appropriately determined three (3) domains on the 3P examination with the lowest performance percentage, identified current available library resources, and provides a systematic quality improvement plan including resource name(s), timeline for improvement, and goals/outcomes.
Writing Mechanics 5 20% Discussion post is writing using professional/scholarly language with correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation
Total 25 1 A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.