1. The two greatest challenges to the adoption of better systems of monitoring fishing fleet data are:
developing trust between fishermen and observers and consumer willingness to pay more for sustainably-harvested seafood
funding and consumer willingness to pay more for sustainably-harvested seafood
funding and developing trust between fishermen and observers
funding and securing qualified observers
1. Explain how the plight of the Atlantic bluefin tuna serves as a case study of the sometimes conflicting values between culture and sustainability.
1. Identify and explain three factors which you feel may have an impact on an individual’s personal views and attitudes towards the environmental movement. (5 points each)
1. Identify and explain two factors, experiences, or aspects of your own personal life-history and background which you feel have had an impact on your views of the environmental movement. (Be sure to explain not just what, but also how your attitudes may have been influenced.)
1. In your own words, define the term sustainable development.
1. Which of the following is not a basic challenge we face in dealing with over-consumption?
A need for basic biological necessities such as food and water.
Exhibiting superiority over political and cultural “others”.
Elevated social status.
A desire for novelty and new experiences in our lives.
All of the above.
1. Provide an example (and explain) of how ecological degradation can lead to the collapse of a society.
1. The unintended organisms caught in fishing nets is known collectively as:
1. The process by which humans, and societies, anticipate and learn to expect rewards for certain behaviors, attitudes and consumptions is known as:
The Ratchet Effect
Return on Investment (ROI)
1. The model of environmental science focused on meeting long-term human needs is known as:
Aestehtic Nature Preservation
None of the Above
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.