A business process management
Read and answer the following question in question answer format. For reference the book being used is Title: Business process change: A business process management guide for managers and process professionals, (3rded.).
Author: Paul Harmon
ISBN: 978- 0128003879
Problem 1: Process Methodology
A common process methodology is the BP Trends approach discussed in the Reading this week. Process creation, change, or revision can come from the top-down or from the bottom-up within an organization. With this in mind review the BPTrends Enterprise Methodology (Figure 3.2) and answer the following questions:
1. Why do you believe the ongoing strategy process (see figure 3.2) is a continuous loop? Make sure you provide information to support your answer.
2. Of the different process tools (see figure 3.2) which do you believe is the most difficult for the organization to control and why?
Problem 2 Measuring Processes
Process design and implementation is outcome driven. To achieve desired outcomes, successful process design results from an understanding of the task(s), which will complete or support the task(s), as well as any restrictions (legal, physical, or other) to the process design. However, successful design implementation depends on the use of metrics to manage and measure the process(es). With this in mind address the following questions:
1. Select one task that you are currently or were previously responsible for performing. Isolate the type of metric measurement used to evaluate the task process to determine if the process was being followed correctly.
2. Address how frequently the process was evaluated and whether the feedback provided contributed toward or detracts from successful outcome(s) for that process. If no performance measurement is used, identify a set of measurements to evaluate the task and discuss how and why that measurement would ensure successful task completion.
Problem 3: The Organization and Process Change
Process creation, revision, and implementation are all predicated on the ability of the organization and its employees and vendors to accept change. The organization may have the will to change yet find its employees are reluctant and resistant to change.
For this Discussion consider this change resistance in addressing the following:
1. Evaluate the role of an Executive Level BPM Group. Who would be members of that group and how is this group responsible for reducing resistance to change?
2. Deduce at least one method by which the organization can reduce change resistance?
3. Does the use of Six Sigma, ISO9000 (ISO9001), or the Balanced Scorecard within an organization contribute toward or reduce resistance to process change? If so, how? If not, why not?
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.