Reviewing Mixed Methods Studies
Your paper will include 5 sections: Introduction, Sampling Strategy, Design, Procedures, and Findings. Your paper should include your name and course title and should adhere to APA style. It should also be written in 12-font and double-spaced (about 2 pages).
Include the full reference of the article as the title of your paper.
From a recent (past 5 years) peer-reviewed journal, find an article that utilized a mixed methods design. Read the article and be able to provide a short summary of the study. Use the following APA Level 2 headings:
• Introduction – Tell the background/rationale (research problem) for the study. What were the research questions or hypotheses of the study?
• Sampling Strategy – Discuss if the strategy was a probability or non-probability approach and the type of sampling strategy used (2-3 sentences).
• Design – Briefly describe the mixed methods design that was utilized. Provide a definition of the design and a rationale as to why the design was the most appropriate (i.e., connect the design back to the research problem to be addressed).
• Procedures – Briefly describe the data collection procedures and include a visual diagram (using the notation system; see the chapter titled Examples of Mixed Methods Designs) of the procedures which guided the data collection. (3-5 sentences).
• Findings – Describe the findings of the study (3-5 sentences).
Your report will be graded using the following rating scale:
Good Fair Poor
1. Introduction 2 1 0
2. Sampling Strategies 2 1 0
3. Design 2 1 0
4. Procedures and Findings 2 1 0
5. APA style and format 2 1 0
Total Points Earned: ____ / 10 Points Possible
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.