1. Look for a news story from an Islamic news source, centered on Islam and/or Muslims in another country. Coverage of Ramadan is a good topic to focus on for this exercise. See the listing below of sample newspaper Web sites.
2. Look for coverage of the same new story in a major Unite States newspaper such as The New York Times
Examples of Online newspapers (in English)
• Arab News, http://www.arabnews.com/saudiarabia (Saudi Arabia)
• Tehran Times, http://www.tehrantimes.com (Iran)
• El Ahram, http://english.ahram.org.eg/ (Egypt)
• The New York Times, http://www.nyt.com
• The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com
• Chicago Tribune, http://www.chicagotribune.com
1. After completing Activity 10: Media Analysis, compose your response to the following questions.
o What you notice about the way in which the event or story is told? What is the same? What is different? What is included and excluded? (one paragraph)
o Do you see bias in each of the news stories? Are events covered in non-U.S. newspapers that are also covered in U.S. papers? (one paragraph)
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.