BUSINESS ETHIC MOD 4 SLP
Module 4 – SLP
Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
In the Module 4 SLP, we will be discussing academic integrity and plagiarism. For Module 4, you may complete the Module 4 Case and SLP in any order you prefer.
Required Reading and Exercise:
Prior to completion of the written Module 4 assignment, please complete the following seven steps:
1) Begin by reviewing page 12 of the TUI Well-Written Paper guide.
2) Go to the following site, and complete the pre-test: http://lib.usm.edu/legacy/plag/plagiarismtutorial.php
Please do not send your score to your instructor (do not complete the box entitled “Your Instructor’s Email”). However, keep your pre-test score, so that you can compare it to your post-test score.
4) After you have responded to the 10 items, please complete the follow-up boxes:
Your School, Organization, etc. (required):
5) You will receive your corrected responses (and total score) by E-mail. Keep this information so that you can compare your pre-test and post-test scores.
6) Complete the tutorial. Don’t forget to keep notes as you proceed through the tutorial, and be sure that you keep track of how well you did on Quizzes 1 and 2.
7) Complete the post-test.
Write a 2-3 page paper in which you do the following:
Following completion of a critical and candid assessment of your performance in the above exercise on plagiarism, discuss areas in which you had misunderstandings – and for which you may still require improvement.
Keys to the Assignment:
• Perform a candid self-assessment of your performance. What were your pre-test and post-test scores?
• Compare and contrast your scores on Quiz 1 and Quiz 2.
• Discuss in what ways might you need improvement (i.e., where did you have had misunderstandings)?
• How can you improve your knowledge of plagiarism in those areas for which you had misunderstandings, and what resources might be most helpful to you in this respect?
Your paper will be evaluated on the following:
• Precision – Does the paper address the question(s) or task(s)?
• Breadth – Is the full breadth of the subject (i.e., the Keys to the Assignment) addressed?
• Depth – Does the paper address the topic in sufficient depth and include the background reading and other background resources as references?
• Critical thinking – Is the subject thought about critically (i.e., accurately, logically, relevantly, and precisely)?
• Clarity – Is the writing clear and are the concepts articulated properly? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding to the questions or are points conveyed through excessive use of quotations?
• Organization – Is the paper well written? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for graduate-level work? Are headings included in all papers longer than two pages?
• Referencing (citations and references) – Does the paper include citations and quotation marks where appropriate? Are the references from the background reading and assignment present and properly cited? Are all the references listed in the bibliography present and referred to via citation?
• Application – Are the concepts of the module appropriately applied to the subject?
Tips and Suggestions:
1) Your SLP will be evaluated on the rigor of your self-assessment, and not on your pre- and post-test scores.
2) The following website may be helpful to you in completion of the SLP: "Recognizing and Avoiding
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.