Business Process Reengineering Paper
Reflecting on Michael Hammerís book on Reengineering and also the Computerworld article from Thomas H. Davenport entitled ìReengineering Revisitedî; write an essay on ìBusiness Process Reengineering in the new Millenniumî.
As part of your essay you are required to address the following questions:
1. How have companies evolved such that they canít compete today? What is the origin of the problem? What are the drivers forcing these changes?
2. Why do BPR projects fail and what can be done about it? What are common causes of failure and what can be done to prevent it?
3. What strategic role can or should Information Technology play in Business Process Reengineering (BPR)?
4. How would you manage this project? Be specific and support your thoughts.
5. Is there a role for enterprise change management? Why or why not?
6. How might BPR be of critical importance? What are some of the high level goals?
7. Explain your agreement/disagreement with the authors. Support your opinion with proper references.
Your thoughts and ideas are important, so feel free to agree or disagree with Mr. Hammer and/or Mr. Davenport. However, your essay should be more than just opinionÖ support your point of view.
Include an introduction that clearly states your purpose and objective for the essay. Also, include a summary section that reflects and analyzes the important ideas you have discussed and links back to your stated purpose and objective as set forth
in your introduction. Additional sources are encouraged to expand or augment your essay. Cite your sources properly.
Author(s): Michael Hammer and James Champy
Text Title: Reengineering the Corporation
Year of publication: 2003 edition
Edition: 2003 edition
Publisher: Harper Business Essentials Edition
ISBN Number: 0-06-055953-5
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.