Case Study/Final Project – Capstone Master’s Project.
Literature Review Article
The culminating assignment, the master’s capstone project, is an opportunity to integrate and apply your knowledge and skills as a sport management leader to a practical research issue in the form of a literature review article. The focus of your review is a topic or problem relevant to your sport management specialization and career interests. The topic or problem also is applicable to an actual sport management issue in your workplace, locally, regionally, or nationally.
The topic or problem that you choose should be meaningful, i.e., significant, but also narrow enough to be manageable within the constraints of time and available resources. Additionally, the arguments that you pose need to be logical, concise, clear, coherent, and substantiated by evidence. Organize the components of your literature review article as follows:
Title. In 10 to 12 words, simply and succinctly summarize the focus and main idea of your review. A running head on your title page or other pages of your review is not necessary.
Author’s Name and Institution Affiliation. See APA, section 2.02, pp. 23-24 for format guidelines.
Abstract. Following the guidelines presented in APA, section 2.04, pp. 25-27, for literature reviews.
Introductory Statement. Briefly, begin your review with the following:
1. A concise, yet compelling statement that draws the reader into your work. Why should your reader(s) read further?
2. A clear and coherent statement of your topic, i.e., the focus of the reminder of your review and the key ideas.
3. A context statement that briefly, but specifically, describes the environment of the research topic or problem. Briefly describe the circumstances surrounding, creating, or that have led practically to the problem.
4. A significance or needs statement providing justification for your review. What is the value to the academic community or professional community for your review?
5. A clear statement of your thesis; what is the problem or question that needs to be addressed?
6. A forward looking organization statement briefly informing your reading audience about what follows.
7. Briefly describe the review strategies and methods that you used to gather information and identify relevant resources, i.e., data. What data bases did you use? What key search terms did you use? How many studies did you screen and select? What agencies or persons, if any, did you contact? What inclusion and exclusion criteria did you apply? How many studies did you exclude and include?
•&?ßsp;Body of the Review. Critique the literature reviewed. Analyze, evaluate, and synthesize, a minimum of 10 studies. What is known about your topic or research problem (argument of discovery)? State your argument (advocacy argument) reporting, analyzing, synthesizing and evaluating the literature that you surveyed.
Discuss the findings, highlighting areas of agreement, disagreement, design differences, sample differences, methodological differences, and/or controversies.
•&?ßsp;Summation/Conclusions and Implications. Summarize your thesis argument by restating your thesis. Analyze your thesis by providing a complete interpretation. Briefly, summarize and discuss factual conclusions based on your review. Present the implications of your findings. What is the academic and/or practical impact of your findings? What future research or practical directions do you recommend be pursued?
•&?ßsp;References. On a separate page, provide a complete and accurate list of reference citations for the studies you reviewed. Accurate use of APA form and style is required.
Your entire review article should be approximately 10-15 pages in length – no longer than 20 pages maximum, not including the CUC assignment cover sheet, title page, or list of references. The entire review must be in complete and accurate APA format and style, grammatically and mechanically correct, and well organized and coherent. See the capstone project, literature review rubric for further guidance.
Submit your review article as an attachment on or before Day 5, Friday, of Week 8. 30 points
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.