commentary (letter to the editor)
The paper you have to write is a commentary (letter to the editor) the paper should not be more than two pages and the third page will be the work cited page.( http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/22/opinion/ignoring-sexual-abuse-in-afghanistan.html?_r=0 ) this is the URL of the article
Writing Project #2: Commentary (Letter to the Editor)
Page range:1.5 – 2 pages
–Use MLA formatting/citation style
–Use 12-point fonts
–Double-space the essay.
–Write at least the minimum page requirement. I won’t grade papers that do not reach at least
–No need to use title page, but do write a thoughtful title for your essay.
–Use one-inch margins left and right, and top and bottom.
–Make sure to number your pages.
–Proofread! I expect a high level of correct grammar and mechanics.
Find an op-ed piece on a news website, in a magazine, or from a newspaper that is no more than a week old. This will be the article you have previously submitted for my approval. (Note: If you change articles, you MUST have the new article approved). Then write a letter to the editor that reacts in a positive or critical way. Your letter should do the following:
1. Address the editor of the publication.
2. Address and summarize the article and issue.
3. Clearly state your opinion/issues concerning the article and the issue.
4. Support your argument (with outside sources, factual evidence, personal experience, etc.)
5. Recognize logical fallacies.
6. Avoid condescension.
7. Show personal voice/tone.
NOTE: Do not get confused and argue the issue only. You are writing a Letter to the Editor ABOUT the article you have chosen and the way the writer has addressed a current issue.
*** You must also include a correct MLA format citation for your article on a separate “Works Cited” page.
– Clearly defined subject and purpose
– Engages in close reading and analysis
– Masters strategies for responding clearly and effectively to writing/opinions of others.
– Adopts a suitable style and voice
– Uses relevant support through research
– Clearly shows research and understanding of the issue.
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.