Concussion Online Assignment
Access www.knowconcussion.org and answer the following questions:
1. Read about Kort Breckenridge and briefly describe your thoughts on the situation. (The story is
found if you click on the second picture in the slideshow or go to
2. Click on the “About Concussion” tab (which should take you to this page:
http://www.knowconcussion.org/about-concussion/) and answer the following questions:
a. Why is concussion considered a “silent killer”?
b. Which group of athletes is most at risk for concussion?
3. Under the tab “About Concussion”, click on “Recognizing the signs and symptoms of
concussion” and answer the following questions:
a. What is a concussion?
b. How are concussions caused?
c. What are the signs and symptoms of a concussion?
4. Under the tab “About Concussion”, click on “Post-Concussion-Syndrome” and answer the
a. What is Post-Concussion Syndrome?
b. Why does an athlete with Post-Concussion Syndrome usually have academic difficulties?
5. Click on the “Management” (which should take you to this page:
http://www.knowconcussion.org/concussion-management/) and answer the following
a. Why is concussion a functional versus a structural injury?
b. Why is it important for parents, coaches, and athletic trainers to integrate objective
measurements of brain function?
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.