Developing Business Relationships in Egypt
“Marketing International Business: Branding, Communications, and Business Relationships”
Title of Assignment Developing Business Relationships in Egypt
Programmes undertaking the assignment
Hand-out date See OnlineCampus
Hand-in date See OnlineCampus
Weighting within the module 50%
Word limit/presentation criteria This is an INDIVIDUAL assignment and should be presented in a REPORT style format with a word count of 3000 words (excluding appendices and references).
The editorial requirements for the assignment are:
Font type: Times New Roman
Font size: 12
Double line spacing
Intended Learning Outcomes.
Knowledge and Understanding
(from module spec.)
On successful completion the student will be able to:
1. Critically analyse the theory, concepts and models of international marketing.
2. Analyse and critically evaluate the ways in which marketing communications are adapted in view of specific market cultures and consumer behaviours
3. Critically evaluate the role of brands and brand management in the strategic development of international stakeholder relationships, and the particular importance of understanding market culture when designing a cross-cultural branding strategy
4. Demonstrate a sound understanding of the role and importance of national culture and verbal/non-verbal communication in shaping managerial attitudes and actions, and in the establishment and maintenance of cross-cultural stakeholder relationships
5. Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of CSR, ethics and ‘corporate citizenship’ in international communications, operations and in the development and maintenance of stakeholder relationships
This final assessment component is assessed by ILO 1, 2 & 4
Details of the task
Your assessment for this module will be in two parts:
Module part ONE
• INDIVIDUAL Assignment (50% of marks); details attached
Module part TWO
• INDIVIDUAL Assignment (50% of marks); to be advised later
(NB: you are not required to pass both parts of assessment: your final mark is a composite mark, based on both pieces of work, weighted at 50% each)
Module Part ONE: INDIVIDUAL Assignment
1. An INDIVIDUAL Report (50% of total marks)
Background to Assignment
You are the New Business Development Manager for a large UK – based upmarket shirt distributor that specialises in high end quality shirts and ties. These are sold through its numerous retail outlets.
Some months ago it was decided that your current supplier in India would have to be changed as there were a variety of problems that had led to an irretrievable break – down of the relationship. A review of the partnership concluded that your personnel had insufficient knowledge of the linguistic and cultural aspects of dealing with the Indian supplier, and this had resulted in a variety of problems, contributing significantly to a lack of trust, and ultimately to the break- down of the relationship.
Consequently, the MD has sought a new supplier for your current range of products – the basic requirements will not change, and have already been agreed with a supplier in Egypt. You are due to go to Egypt next month to visit this supplier, and look at their operations, and premises. However, in view of the breakdown of the previous relationship, the MD has asked you to prepare a report in which you detail the cultural and linguistic requirements of working with an Egyptian company. This report will then be passed to your HR department, so that they may devise an appropriate training schedule for those who are likely to be involved in the development of this relationship.
INDIVIDUAL Written Report
Your task is to:
‘Discuss the role of market culture and language in developing and maintaining cross cultural business relationships’.
You must prepare an individual report, of no more than 3000 words (excluding references and appendices). This report must cover the following areas:
1. An analysis of culture and how it influences business (25%).
2. An analysis of foreign language competence and how it is useful in business (25%).
3. In the context of the task outlined above, how would you use your knowledge of Egyptian language and culture in developing business relationships with the Egyptian company? (40%)
4. Referencing and presentation (10%).
• Include a front sheet (not counted in the word limit), on which you include your name.
• Number the pages, starting with the first page
• Include a list of references used at the end of the report (presented Harvard style) (reference are not included in word count).
You MUST cite fully ANY source of material used in your assignment, whether by direct quotation (this will require the addition of page numbers) or by paraphrase using the Harvard convention. Not doing so constitutes ‘plagiarism’ which is a SERIOUS disciplinary offence. For more information on plagiarism and general assignment writing skills PLEASE CONSULT www.careers.salford.ac.uk/studyskills.
Grade Descriptors for Postgraduate
Level of Performance % Mark Criteria
Excellent 70-100% Demonstrates an excellent understanding of a complex body of knowledge and the ability to use such knowledge in an innovative and creative manner to develop new insights and relate these to the particular circumstances of the situation under consideration. Has a very good grasp of recent research findings and demonstrates a maturity in critically evaluating concepts and abstract principles, and originality in addressing business problems.
Good 60-69% Demonstrates a very good understanding of a complex body of knowledge and the ability to analyse and synthesise knowledge, reflect on the application of theory in practice and to use these skills to develop an argument which is well structured, clearly justified and relevant to the particular circumstances of the situation under consideration. Has a good grasp of recent research findings and demonstrates considerable ability and maturity in critically evaluating concepts and abstract principles, and a developing originality in addressing business problems.
Competent 50-59% Demonstrates an understanding of a complex body of knowledge and the ability to synthesise knowledge from a range of appropriate sources. Is able to apply knowledge to specific scenarios in an appropriate manner and can develop an argument which is clearly justified and relevant to the task in hand. Has a grasp of recent research findings and demonstrates a developing maturity in critically evaluating concepts and abstract principles, and limited originality in addressing business problems.
Weak 40-49% Displays understanding of the basics with evidence of some appropriate reading. May lack the ability to develop a well structured argument which is sufficiently focused on the task in hand. Limited knowledge of recent research findings with limited ability to critically evaluate concepts and abstract principles and little or no originality in addressing business problems.
Poor 0-39% Demonstrates little understanding of the basics and little evidence of wider reading. Poor ability to apply knowledge or focus on the task in hand. Little or no awareness of recent research findings, limited ability to critically evaluate concepts and abstract principles, and no originality in addressing business problems.
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.