Educating children on nutrition and exercise can prevent chronic diseases in the future.
use children ages 2-10.
build a PPT on educating children on proper nutrition and exercise to prevent diabetes and chronic diseases in the future. Interventions to be used is education in school in an extended program once a week.
Also, use data from .GOVT or NIH to compare and contrast evidence.
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED FILE FOR PRACTICUM DETAILS!
Virtual Practicum Learning Objectives
• Choose a specific population at risk with poor health outcomes in your community.
• Analyze various sources of health data and other evidence to refine a specific population at risk.
• Collaborate with families, communities, and professionals within the health care system to determine cultural issues and needs of population at risk.
• Design evidence-based, culturally appropriate intervention(s) to improve health outcomes for a population at risk specific to your community.
• Propose an evaluation for the proposed interventions using health outcome data for the population at risk.
• Present proposed interventions to at least one professional in the community.
• Reflect on your role as a health care advocate and leader in your community.
NURS 4010: Family, Community
Population-Based Care Nursing Care Project
Weekly Practicum Discussion Rubric
Weekly Focus Weekly Instructions Points
Week 1: Identify a Population Group at risk, population of interest, and/or vulnerable population in your community.
Collaborate with professionals across the health care system in order to find the gap in care or social determinants resulting in poor outcomes. Begin to take the lead to advocate and collaborate for the population at risk. Please address the following in your discussions: Briefly describe the community where you live and setting in which you practice.
• What health problems are prevalent in your practice and/or in your community?
• For the purpose of the Population-Based Nursing Care Project, choose a population at risk. Describe the health problem and specific population.
• Help each other refine and clarify the health problem.
Week 2: Use health data to refine and limit population of interest/at risk for your community.
Find epidemiological data (national, state and local) related to a population in your community. Compare local data to state and national data. Refine description of the population at risk through continued collaboration with professionals as you analyze related health data.
Please address the following in your discussions:
• Describe the health problem and specific population at risk.
• What data did you find to support your decision? Help each other refine and clarify the health problem.
• What helpful health data and public health websites did you find? (Add them to the Webliography)
• What other evidence have you found?
• Help each other find health data evidence. 25
Week 3: Consider Levels of Prevention in your community
Consider primary prevention for population at risk in your community. (Do not include tertiary preventative measures.) Please address the following in your discussions:
• Share your progress: your population of interest and your initial ideas on what is needed to address the health problem.
• What do you know about this group so far? Who have you contacted about the population at risk?
• Where is the gap in care to address and prevent this health problem?
• Help each other to clarify the problem and some possible solutions.
• Help each other with sources of information. 25
Week 4: Consider Levels of Nursing Intervention for key health concerns in your community.
Consider nursing interventions at the community and system level of care aimed at primary prevention for population of interest/at risk.
Include culturally competent assessments and interventions by Interviewing family members of population at risk. Support your ideas with scholarly literature. (Do not include the individual level of nursing care.) Please address the following:
• Provide a few examples of community resources that need to be in place to assist your population group’s problem. Resources are especially important to assist vulnerable populations with reducing their health risks and disparities. What resources are missing?
• Are there any cultural-based related issues regarding your group that should inform your approach to care?
• Think about the how levels of intervention regarding your population’s health problem. Provide examples of interventions to take regarding your population’s problem.
Week 5: Create a possible Evidenced-Based, Culturally Appropriate Intervention project to improve the health of your community.
Incorporate all information gathered from the community: the population itself, health data, professionals from various disciplines in the community, community assessment, windshield survey, and the literature to propose interventions. Please address the following in your discussions:
Please respond to the following:
• Share at least two prevention strategies to improve the population at risk that you feel confident are evidenced-based. Why do you think that?
• How would you modify the intervention to ensure it is culturally sensitive and meaningful?
• Think in terms of evaluation of outcomes. What outcomes would you expect to see once the intervention is in place? 50
Week 6: Present Population-Based Nursing Care Project
Present your possible intervention project (PowerPoint) to at least one other professional in your community.
Present your possible intervention project (PowerPoint) to your practicum group and share feedback you received from the professional mentioned above. Discuss your role as an advocate and healthcare leader in promoting positive social change as a scholar-practitioner to improve the health of vulnerable populations in your community. Please address the following in your discussions:
• Share feedback you received as a result of presentation to another profession in the community.
• Discuss your role as an advocate and healthcare leader in promoting positive social change as a scholar-practitioner to improve the health of vulnerable populations in your community.
• Be sure to give each team member feedback. 50
Points may be deducted for the following:
• 5 points – late initial post
• 5 points –missing response to group
• 5 lack of citation to support your work
• Range of 1-35 points for inadequate initial post and/or inadequate responses to others
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.