01. a) Describe the function of a filter circuit, in general terms.
b) Derive the gain of the circuit in Figure 1.
Vin] – C’ I Va”
02. With reference to the circuit above (Figure 1), explain its function with a diagram.
03. Draw a circuit that will perform the opposite function of the circuit in Figure 1, derive an
expression for its gain and explain its operation.
04. Write down 4 characteristics of an ideal operation amplifier (OP-AMP) and describe how the
characteristics of an ideal operation amplifier (OP-AMP) differ from those of a real OP-AMP.
05. Draw the circuit diagram of an inverting amplifier using operation amplifier (OP-AMP) and
derive its gain.
06. A 440 V shunt-connected DC motor has an armature resistance of 0.8 (2 and a field
resistance of 200 (2. Determine the back e.m.f when giving an output of 7.46 kW at 85 per
07. Sketch the Torque: Speed graph for a DC motor and use it to obtain expressions for the
motor starting torque and the motor no-load speed in terms of motor parameters and the
supply voltage, neglecting friction effects.
08. A permanent magnet DC motor has an armature resistance of 0.5 Q and when a voltage of
120 V is applied to the motor it reaches a steady-state speed of rotation of 20 rev/s and
draws 40 A. What will be (a) the power loss in the armature and (b) the power input to the
09. A 12-bit DA converter has a step size of 10 mV. Determine the full-scale output voltage and
the percentage resolutions.
10. A certain 8-bit AD converter has a Full Scale input of 2.55 V (Le, VA = 2.55 Vproduces a
digital output of 11111111). It has a specified error of 0.1% Full -Scale. Determine the
maximum amount by which the V‘Ur (D/A converter output) output can differ from the
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.