How bill become law
” As you have discovered through this course, nurses are influential members of the community and the political system. Therefore, for the purposes of this assignment you will identify a problem or concern in your community, organization, etc. that has the capacity to be legislated. You will conduct research and state a proposal. Through the legislative process, your proposal for the problem or concern may influence an idea for change into a law.
First, refer to the “How a Bill Becomes a Law” media.
Then, view the “Bill to Law Process” to watch the scenario.
After viewing the scenario, refer to the “Legislative Assignment.” You will need to save the document first in order to use it.
Submit the assignment to the instructor. You also reserve the right to submit your completed proposal to the respective government official. However, this is optional. If you select to submit your proposal as a part of the legislative process, refer to “Find Your Representative” or research the contact information on your own.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected
For the background question, be sure to provide evidence to support that your proposal will have a positive outcome. If you are recommending seat belts for school buses, what research has been conducted to show that seat belts will make a difference in the children’s outcomes following an accident? When answering the questions about who will support or oppose your bill, put some critical thinking into the answer. “No one” is not an acceptable answer for either question because there is always someone who supports or opposes a bill.
Legislative Worksheet (SBAR Format) –
How a Bill Becomes a Law
SITUATION: IS THIS SOMETHING THAN CAN BE LEGISLATED?
• Identify the problem/concern:
• State your proposal/idea.
BACKGROUND: DO YOUR RESEARCH
• Include studies, reports, personal experience, or anecdotal stories related to your proposal.
• Has there been similar legislation introduced and/or passed in other states? If so, include it.
ASSESSMENT: FINANCES AND STAKEHOLDERS
• Identify financial impact if any (e.g., added costs, cost savings, increased revenue):
• Identify stakeholder groups that would support this bill:
• Identify people/groups that would oppose this bill:
• Make an appointment with your legislator to discuss your proposal.
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.