Instructions for preparation:
To receive the full ten percent for this task you will need to achieve the following:
• Have a post of between 500 words that describe one or two experiences of your own (either professional or personal) that relate to your chosen article
• The post must relate to patient assessment issues eg access to health professionals and/or diagnostic services, patient / staff experience of assessment processes during the period prior to diagnosis, or ongoing assessment of chronic conditions, depending on the article selected.
• You must respond thoughtfully to at least two other students within the same discussion board forum
Choose one of the following qualitative articles that relate to an aspect of your clinical practice. Articles are suggested under course specialties, but you may use any of these suggested articles if it is relevant to your clinical work. Reflect on the patient assessment issues raised in the article. These issues might include access to health professionals and/or diagnostic services, patient / staff experience of assessment processes during the period prior to diagnosis, or ongoing assessment of chronic conditions, depending on the particular article reviewed. Write a short reflective piece that describes one or two experiences from your clinical practice that relates to the assessment issues presented. (Prepare your reflection in a word document that you keep for your own records). Copy and paste your reflection as a post on the discussion board on the e-learning site. To do this:
• go to the NURS5012 eLearning site
• Click on Discussion Board on the left-hand menu.
• Click on the article you have chosen to comment on to open that forum
• From the top of the page click on “Create thread”
• Give your post a subject name and copy and paste your comments into the message section
• Click on “Submit”
Part 2 : Read at least two posts from your peers and make a short thoughtful comment on their post. (Doesn’t have to be long, but make it something of substance rather than just stating you liked what they said). 10% will be awarded for thoughtful and relevant posts. More detailed instructions for posting appear on the eLearning site under “Assessments”. To create your response:
• Open the forum that you contributed to in your initial post by clicking on the forum title.
• Click on the available threads to read the reflective posts of your peers.
• When you find a thread you would like to comment on, click on “Reply” to post your response.
• Click on submit when you have finished. Keep a word doc record of everything you post in case of technical issues.
The articles from which to choose appear below.
Mental Health Nursing:
Bilderbeck, A., Saunders, K., Price, J., & Goodwin, G. (2014) Psychiatric Assessment of mood instability: Qualitative study of patient experience. British Journal of Psychiatry. 204(3), 234-239.
General Clinical Nursing / Advanced Practice Nursing:
Chua, W.L., Mackey, S., Ng, E.K.C, Liaw, S.Y. (2013) Frontline nurses’ experience with deteriorating ward patients: a qualitative study. International Nursing Review. 60(4), 501-9.
Gordon, J., Sheppard, L., Anaf, S. (2010) Patient experience in the Emergency Department: a systematic synthesis of qualitative research. International Emergency Nursing. 18(2), 80-88.
Intensive Care Nursing:
Lavelle, C. Dowling, M. (2011) The factors which influence nurses when weaning patients from mechanical ventilation: Findings from a qualitative study. Intensive and Critical Care Nursing. 27(5), 244-252.
Cancer & Haematology Nursing:
Khatri, S., Whitely, I., Gullick, J., Wildbore, C. (2012) Marking Time: The temporal experience of gastrointestinal cancer. Contemporary Nurse, 41(2), 146-159.
Primary Healthcare Nursing:
Collins, M., Bradley, C., O’Sullivan, T., Perry, I. (2009) Self-care strategies in people with diabetes: a qualitative exploratory study. BMC Endocrine disorders. 9(6). Retrieved from http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6823/9/6
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.