1).Consider a course that you recently completed. Perform a review of the course (the course represents a project and the course syllabus represents the project plan)?
Course: Project Management (Simulation project); Instructor: Prof. Michael Kushner
Project Process Review Questionnaire (Items) Comments
1. Were the project objectives and strategic intent of the project clearly and explicitly communicated? Yes, the instructor has explained the objectives of this course to prepare the student to obtain the Project Management Certification. The strategy used by the instructor was to recreate real world project management by using a simulation. He provided lectures, examples, class exercises, and team work. Also, he recommend several books to study from to obtain the Project Management Certification.
2. Were the objective and strategy in alignment? Yes, the objective and strategy were in alignment.
3. Were the stakeholders identified and included in the planning? Yes, all stakeholders were receiving a status report every three weeks of the project.
4. Were course resources adequate for this project? Yes, course resources were adequate for this project. The project simulation provided a better understanding of a real world situation. It helps the student (as project managers) to prepare them with decision making process, how to maintain cost and scheduleas well as evaluation of teams/resources.
5.Were people with the right skill sets assigned to this project? Yes, people with the right skill sets were assigned to this project. For instance, the professor evaluated the first run result on the Simulation project and selected the best performer to be a team lead for the team project.
6. Were time estimates reasonable and achievable? Yes, time estimates were reasonable and achievable.
7. Were the risks for the project appropiatly identified and assessed before the project started? Yes, the risks for the project were appropriately identified and assessed before the project started.
8. Were the processes and practices appropriate for this type of project? Should projects of similar size and type use these systems? Why/why not? Yes, the processes and practices were appropriate for this type of project. All assignments were useful to develop project manager and leadership skills. The Simulation project was the most interesting esystem that we had the opportunity to work on it as a project manager as well as teams.
9. Were communication methods appropriate and adequate among all stakeholders? Explain. Yes, communication methods were appropriate and adequate among all stakeholders. Also, the professor was always available to answer any student question.
10. Is the customer satisfied with the project product? Yes, the customer is satisfied with the project product. For instance, students who used the Simulation project were satisfied in this course because it developed more knowledge and skills as project managers.
11.Were the project objectives met? Yes, the project objectives met. The project was completed on time and below budget.
12.Were schedule, budget, and scope standards met?
Yes, schedule, budget, and scope standards were met.
13. Is there any one important area that needs to be reviewed and improved upon? Can you identify the cause? Yes, there is. One of the important area that needs to be reviewed and improved upon is to provide students/users all the materials with more examples to better understand the Simulation project before assign them into teams.
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.