In this activity we want you to choose one of the social networks below and investigate the technologies that are needed to make it work. Then we want you to find software components that could be assembled together to build a similar service. These could be Open Source or commercial software. Finally we want you to find social media monitoring software such as http://likealyzer.com/ shown in the lecture. Find at least 3 tools and spend some time deciding which one would be most useful to a brand.
The whole activity should take around 2 hours.
1. Which service have you chosen for this activity?
2. List 10 specific pieces of functionality that are delivered by the service. Focus on breaking the service down into functional components such as profiles, search, galleries etc.
3. List 8-10 different technologies that are used to deliver this service adding a brief description of what this does for the service.
Think about the software technologies that make up the service such as web servers, databases, search, pattern matching etc. This is harder than it looks but essential to part 5.
4. Discuss the technical challenges of building a similar service yourself based on hosting technologies you have explored in previous activities. What pieces of the jigsaw are missing? List 3 different specific technical issues you can see.
5. List the open source or commercial software components (including URLs) that you have found that would allow you to recreate the core functionality of your chosen network.
6. List at least 3 free monitoring/analytics tools that you would recommend to a company to help them manage their social media activities. We looked at http://likealyzer.com/ in the lecture. Find
3 more and decide which of them you would recommend to a company to get maximum value out of their social channels.
7. Which of the above measurement tools you would recommend and why?
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.