For a study guide to be completed, all questions must be answered in essay form.
1. Be able to identify the elements involved in Pavlovian conditioning, and the paradigms that produce Pavlovian conditioning.
– What is the CS, US, UR & CR?
– delay conditioning, trace conditioning, temporal conditioning
2. Be able to explain Pavlov?s Stimulus Substitution Theory & Preparatory Hypothesis.
3. What is important about Garcia & Koelling?s experiment on taste aversion?
– associative bias
4. Be able to explain Rescorla?s Contingency Theory.
– What is contingency?
– What is a positive differential contingency & what is its result?
– What is a negative differential contingency & what is its result?
– What is a truly random control group vs an explicitly unpaired control group?
5. Be able to apply Rescorla?s Contingency Theory if you are given various values for p(US/CS) vs. p(US/no CS).
6. What are the paradigms that produce conditioned inhibition? What are the paradigms that assess conditioned inhibition? What factors are necessary for producing conditioned inhibition?
7. How does external inhibition and disinhibition demonstrate the presence of both conditioned excitation and conditioned inhibition during inhibition of delay?
8. Is extinction an Associative Loss or Performance Loss? Explain.
– spontaneous recovery
9. Be able to describe Kamin?s Blocking experiment, its results, and the hypothesis that accounts for the results.
– Memory Scan Hypothesis
9. How does the Rescorla-Wagner Model explain negatively accelerating acquisition curves?
10. Explain how the Rescorla-Wagner Model accounts for:
11. From the time of Pavlov to the mid to late 1960s, temporal contiguity was the principal factor believed to determine development of Pavlovian conditioning. How do the experiments of Garcia & Koelling, Rescorla, and Kamin demonstrate that temporal contiguity is not sufficient to produce Pavlovian conditioning?
12. What is learned during Pavlovian conditioning?
– S?S or S?R
– signal or substitute
– Kornorski?s two-process theory
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.