Tourism Enterprise Context Analysis
You are a consultant hired by a commercial tourism enterprise to identify the main external factors that will help it to achieve TBL or ‘triple bottom line’ (economic, environmental & socio-cultural) sustainability outcomes, or hinder it from achieving those outcomes. Economic sustainability includes financial sustainability or profitability. Analyses the opportunities and threats faced by the company in relation to these outcomes. Opportunities and threats refer to any factors situated outside the enterprise itself. The same factor can be both an opportunity and a threat.
The format for subsequent sections will be as follows:
1. Enterprise Profile: Select and describe an Australian tourism or hospitality enterprise. This must be a real enterprise directly related to tourism, such as an attraction, accommodation, travel agency, tour operator or airline. It must be located within Australia. In this profile, basic characteristics should include, among other possibilities, a description of the kind of business conducted, location, ownership, number of years in operation, employee numbers, and annual revenue. A limited number of photographs can be used in this section to support the text. Your profile should inform your opportunities and threats; for example, if you identify the Chinese outbound market as an opportunity, then your Profile should include information about the current Chinese customer base of your enterprise.
2. Opportunities: Identify what you determine to be the three most critical external opportunities that will help the enterprise to achieve TBL outcomes. For each, (a) describe the opportunity, (b) explain why it is a major opportunity for this specific enterprise, and (c) prescribe a solution; that is, how can the enterprise take advantage of it?
3. Threats: Identify what you determine to be the three most critical external threats that will hinder the enterprise from achieving TBL outcomes. For each, (a) describe the threat, (b) explain why it is a major threat to this specific enterprise, and (c) prescribe a solution; that is, how can the enterprise minimise its negative effects?
4. Synopsis: This section summarises the report by integrating the previous content into a conclusion that overviews the opportunities and threats facing the enterprise and considers how the enterprise should deal with these collectively to achieve desired TBL outcomes.
5. References: All information should be properly cited and referenced using APA style. All sources should be reputable and relevant, and at least five ‘academic’ sources (e.g. journal articles, book chapters, etc.) must be included. This section is not included in the word length.
Criteria & Marking
Profile: How well do you describe the critical characteristics of the featured enterprise that put into perspective your identified threats and opportunities? (10%)
Opportunities: Do you effectively describe the three opportunities, explain why they are opportunities for this enterprise, and explain how the enterprise can best take advantage of them? (20%)
Threats: Do you effectively describe the three threats, explain why they are threats to this enterprise, and explain how the enterprise can best minimise these threats? (20%)
Synopsis: How well do you summarise the report by integrating the previous content into a conclusion that overviews the opportunities and threats facing the enterprise and consider how the enterprise should deal with these collectively to attain the desired outcomes? (10%)
Sources: Is all information appropriately cited and referenced using APA style? Are the sources relevant and reputable? Have you included at least five ‘academic’ sources? (20%)
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.