TSL 600 Response Papers
• To summarize and discuss significant topics based on reading
• To analyze and synthesize language learning experiences with readings
• To compare theories with practice and see theories in practice, to raise questions
for further investigation and discussion.
• For each Response Paper assignment, select one chapter or article among the
reading assignments that you completed until the due date. The list of readings for
previous Response Paper will be excluded for the next Response Paper.
• Read the chapter or article carefully and write your Response Paper. This should
include the following components:
o Summary (10 points):
§? Summarize the chapter or article in one short paragraph.
§? This does not need to be long.
o Discussion (40 points):
§? Select several interesting points, arguments, findings, theories,
and/or practices in the text and discuss them more in depth (e.g.,
What questions do you have about the text? What could be
potential answers? Why are the questions significant? How are the
questions/answers relevant to your prior knowledge or
o Analysis/Synthesis (50 points):
§? Analyze the texts and find strengths and weaknesses. For each
strength and weakness, justify why it is strong/weak or why you
think so. (e.g., What is the strength of the theory? Why? What is
the weakness of the argument? Why?)
§? Describe how you can move forward based on this analysis. (e.g.,
How can you use the strong factors in your future class?)
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.