An investigation on Chinese female customers’ purchase motivation towards luxury handbags
Chapter Three: Research Methodology
3.1 Research Ethics
3.4 Deductive: Testing Theory
3.5 Inductive Theory
3.6 Research Strategies
3.7 Sources of Data
3.7.1 Primary Data
3.7.2 Secondary Research
3.7.3 Data Collection
3.8.1 Design of Questionnaire
3.8.2 Questionnaire Distribution
3.8.3 Response Rate
3.8.4 Target Audience
3.8.5 Sampling Frame
3.9 Analysis of Results
based on chapter 1,chapter 2 and questionnaire.
Part 1: Demographics
1. What is your age?
25 – 35
35 – 45
2. What is your gender?
3. Which of the following best describes your occupation?
4. What is your current income bracket?
Below RMB 200,000
RMB 200,000 to RMB 300,000
RMB 300,000 to RMB 400,000
RMB 400,000 to RMB 500,000
Above RMB 500,000
5. What is your current marital status?
6. Which city do you currently reside in?
Part 2: Brand
7. Where do you usually purchase luxury bags?
A large department store which sells other products too
A store which only sells luxury bags
8. If you selected ‘Online’ in the previous question, from which of these do you purchase luxury bags?
A website which sells a range of products, for example, Amazon
The official website of a particular brand
A store which holds a franchisee of a particular brand
9. Which brand of luxury bags do you prefer?
10. How much would you be willing to spend on a luxury bag on average?
Less than RMB 1000
RMB 1000 – RMB 3000
RMB 3000 – RMB 5000
More than RMB 5000
11. What is your source of information about a brand of luxury bag before purchasing it?
Friends and relatives
Television and radio ads
12. What do you look for in a luxury bag while purchasing it? (Choose more than one)
Part 3: Psychological
13. Why do you buy luxury bags? (Choose more than one)
They make me look classy and chic
They give me a sense of belonging
Luxury bags are more strong and durable
They make me feel good about myself
14. Select three of the most important features of a luxury bag according to you.
15. What do you feel when you carry your luxury bag in public? (Choose more than one)
Like a movie star
16. What are the reasons for buying a new luxury bag when you already own one or more of them? (Choose more than one)
I am bored with my old ones
I like to keep up with the latest trends
I like to try out new brands and designs
I have some money to spend
It has been recommended by a close friend or relative
17. Do you think the luxury bag you carry says something about your personalities?
18. If yes, which of these personalities do you think your luxury bag represents? (Choose more than one)
Part 4: Buying behaviors
19. How many times have you purchased luxury bags in the last 5 years?
1 – 3
3 – 5
More than 5
20. When do you usually buy a luxury bag?
During special discounts or offers
When a new design is introduced
Just before a special occasion
To give a gift to someone
21. For whom do you usually buy a luxury bag?
A close friend
A family member
A romantic partner/spouse
Someone in the workplace
22. When you buy a luxury bag, which of the following do you use to collect information?
Magazines and newspapers
Official website of the brand
(*??)23. Which of the following local brands of luxury bags have you used before, if any? (Choose more than one)
24. Why would you spend more money on a well-known brand than a local brand of handbags? (Choose more than one)
Wider range of colors
Bigger in size
More durable and lasts longer
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.