Stalking is a very disruptive and upsetting experience in which someone (the stalker) constantly harasses or obsesses about another person. Stalking can take many forms, from sending intensely disturbing letters to literally following you around in the places where you live and socialize. A psychologist decides to try two different therapies on people who reported a history of stalking and reported currently exhibiting stalking behaviors (25 stalkers in each group; this is the Group variable in the data set Stalker.sav). With those in group one, the psychologist used a cognitive-behavioral approach. With those in the second group, she used a psychodynamic approach. At the end of 3 months, the psychologist asked the clients to report on the number of hours each week they engaged in stalking-type behaviors (this variable is called Stalk2 in the data set). The psychologist understands about covariance and believes that success of the therapy will likely depend on how bad the behavior was to begin with, so she asked the clients to report at their first session the number of hours that the client engaged in stalking-type behaviors (this variable is called Stalk1 in the data set).
Analyze the effect of the therapies on stalking-type behaviors after therapy ended while controlling for initial number of hours of stalking-type behaviors.
Report your findings in APA format according to the guidelines in the PASW Application Assignment Guidelines handout.
Here’s what you need to do for this assignment – ANCOVA
1) Write a Null and Alternative Hypothesis
2) Explain the assumptions of ANCOVA and test the assumptions of ANCOVA (hint, Levene’s test for the between group factor, and homogeneity of regression for the CV and DV) – report the results of these test to determine of the data met the assumptions in correct APA format.
3) Report the group sample sizes and type of statistical analysis, also report means, 95% CI for means, SDs, SE, adjusted means. Plot the adjusted means.
4) Report and interpret the F-ratio, the p-value for F, and the effect size.
5) Report the type of post hoc test conducted and the results from the post hoc test
6) What conclusions can be drawn fro the study?
7) Create APA formatted tables for the means and the ANCOVA.
8) Attach the spss syntax and output.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂