Assignment 5: Evaluating Contracts
Image your small business that produces very small remote control aircraft capable of long sustained
flights. You are ready to expand your business by competing for Department of Defense (DoD) contracts.
You already have added one (1) contract with the DoD worth over $600,000 to your expanding company
and are now ready to venture into contracting for the Department of Homeland Security and other federal
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Compare and contrast fixed-price contracts and cost-reimbursement contracts in terms of the
benefits and drawbacks of each for your business.
2. Analyze at least three (3) opportunities your small business will have compared to large
businesses in general.
3. Discuss which element(s) of cost-reimbursement contracts tend to produce the biggest troubles
for your small business. Provide a rationale for your choice(s).
4. Determine which form of contracting would benefit your business the most among all the forms of
contracting described in Chapter 16. Support your response.
5. Choose the most significant form of contracting that would support large companies (e.g.. Boeing)
among all the forms of contracting described in Chapter 16. Support your response.
6. Develop a plan on how your company would justify the government to award your company the
contract when the form of this contracting supports larger companies.
7. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other
Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
0 Be typed. double spaced. using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
0 Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment. the student’s name, the professor’s
name. the course title. and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Compare and contrast fixed-price contracts and cost-reimbursement contracts.
Examine other contract types commonly used in federal contracting.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in contract administration and
Write clearly and concisely about contract administration and management using proper writing
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality. logic / organization of the paper. and
language and writing skills. using the following rubric.
c 2015 Streyer University. All Rights Reserved. This document contains Strayer University Confidential and Preprietary information
and may not be copied. further distributed. or otherwise disclosed in whole or in part. without the expressed written POW’SSIO” Of
BUS 330 Student Guide 1156 (05/15/2015) Page 16 of 20
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.