STA20005 Survey Research Methods
Assignment 2 Instructions
A questionnaire that measured information about charity donation behaviours, attitudes and perceptions, and demographics was administered to a large random sample of the Australian public. A copy of the questionnaire is included, as a separate document, with this assignment.
The data gathered have been analysed and the results are presented in the accompanying analysis report.
Attitudes and Perceptions
A factor analysis was performed on the 20 items that made up question 6 in the questionnaire and a four factor model was produced. The analysis report specifies which items loaded on each of the four factors.
For each of these four factors you need to:
a) consider the items that have loaded on it and identify whether or not there is an underlying concept or variable that could explain why these items correlated. Give a name to this factor that clearly explains what the factor is measuring and indicate what a high score on this factor means. For example, if the factor measures the importance of health in food choices, does a high score mean that people consider health to be a very important consideration in choosing food or that health is not an important consideration in food choices?
b) Answer the following research question,
What type of person scores high on this factor?
by describing the statistically significant relationships. Write your answer in terms of the factor name you identified above rather than using the factor number. In other words, if the factor measures the importance of health in food choices, don’t write:
Factor 1 is important to older consumers…
Older consumers tend to consider health to be more important…
In your answer, consider demographics, behaviours and the other factors. Also, be careful with absolute vs relative comparisons – “more important” is different from “important”.
You should format this section with bullet points for each significant relationship.
Based on your answers to the previous research questions for each factor and any other relationships identified in the data analysis report, answer the following two questions. You should come up with at least 3 recommendations for each. Your recommendations should explain what should be done, why it should be done, and how it should be done.
c) Imagine that you are providing recommendations for an Australian charity. Based on the survey results, what recommendations can you make for designing a charity campaign (excluding the marketing)?
d) Imagine you work in the marketing department of an Australian charity. Based on the survey results, what recommendations can you make for marketing their next charity campaign?
There is no specific word limit for (c) and (d) but as a rough guide, if you have written less than half a page, you have probably not written enough, and if you write more than 2 pages for each, you are possibly getting a bit carried away. See the next page for the marking rubric for this assignment.
• All submissions must be made using the provided template document available on Blackboard.
• Please submit your assignment as a Word document or pdf file.
• Ensure your survey is submitted by the due date and time (Melbourne time).
How do I start this assignment?
Naming and describing the factors:
1. Look at all of the scale items that match up to each factor. Figure out what each scale is measuring and give it a clear, specific name.
2. Figure out what a high score represents (reverse scored items will be accounted for)
3. Using the p-value table, identify the significant relationships that each factor has to the other variables.
4. Use the correlation table and accompanying notes to describe each significant relationship. Use plain language (you should not be talking about “scores” and “factors”). You can present these as a set of bullet points.
1. Use the p-value table to identify any other relevant significant relationships and the correlations table and notes to see what kind of relationships they are.
2. Come up with at least 3 recommendations in each section based on the relevant significant relationship(s).
3. Ensure your recommendations have clear “what”, “why” and “how” components, and that they make sense.
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.