GROUPASSIGNMENT– Treasury Wine Estates (TWE)
You are required to undertake an analysis of the financial health and management practices of Treasury Wine Estates (TWE). The analysis is to be based primarily on 2014 Annual Report of the corporation and any other information you deem relevant e.g. newspaper and journal articles etc. This will require you to research articles on TWE.
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is a public company and is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX).
Before commencing this assignment, I strongly suggest that you read the company profile (you can access it from the url above).
The annual reports for Patties can be downloaded from:
As the annual reports are long, I suggest you do not print out hard copies, instead save a soft copy.
You will need access to the 2014, 2013 and 2012 annual reports for this assignment and for the related class folio exercises of the semester.
Length:The total report should be a maximum of 3500 words.
Provide a written report based on the following:
1. Financial Analysis
Choose fiveONLY of the financial ratios that we have studied in seminars. Please note you must use the formulas from the prescribed textbook to calculate the ratios. Calculate these ratios for Patties for the 2012, 2013 and 2014 financial year and then describe and interpret these ratios and explain why these ratios are significant to the stakeholders of Patties. Show all workings for your calculationsin an appendix to your report.
2. A critical analysis of the other information provided in the 2014/13 Annual Report with respect to the financial health of TWE. This critical analysis should be based around your selection of two sections of the report as outlined below:
Choose two of the following sections from TWE’s 2014/2013 Annual report to use in your discussion:
• Directors’ report
• Corporate governance statement
• Corporate Responsibility
3. A discussion of other information available from the public domain regarding TWE’s financial health e.g. newspaper reports etc. This section requires you to undertake research about TWE outside the annual report.
The word count does not include the executive summary, introduction, tables, conclusion or list of references.
The report for this assignment must have the following sections:
1. Executive summary
3. A table of the ratios you have calculated and are discussing for Treasury Wine Estates to reference in your financial analysis
4. Financial Analysis (analysis of ratios)
5. Corporate Social Responsibility analysis and recommendations
7. List of references
8. Appendix – calculation of ratios (full workings)
All sources must be cited correctly using the Harvard referencing system
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.