MARKS AND SPENCER
1. Choose a company and identify two different HR practices within that company. The HR practices are to be chosen from the weekly session titles on this module, for
example Performance Management, Culture, Equality and Diversity etc.
The company and topics must be approved by the seminar tutor, who has the final say over which companies to use. It may be possible to combine different aspects but
check with your tutor. Tesco, John Lewis and Ocardo are barred as companies that you can choose.
For each topic you are expected to incorporate at least one appropriate theory/model or recognised practice. For example with Reward you could incorporate Total
Reward; Culture you could include Schein or Deal and Kennedy; Performance Management you could include 360 degree feedback
2. Write a report of 1,500 words (excluding cover sheet, contents page, references and appendices). Your focus is to be on the HR practices and issues rather than the
history of the company, so focus your work on HR. Any necessary additional information can be included in an appendix.
In your Conclusion you are to include at least one recommendation as to how might the company / industry etc improve the situation in the future?
Structure of the report (you will lose marks if this is not followed):
• Cover sheet with title, name, date, word count;
• Contents page;
• Introduction (maximum one page);
• Main sections with appropriate headings and subheadings;
• Conclusion including recommendation;
• List of references;
• Appendices (optional but can be very useful)
Please note: You must use Harvard referencing effectively throughout your work. If you use anything which wasn’t written by you there must be an acknowledgement within
the same sentence, and in the list of references at the end, of who and where it came from.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.