International Disaster Management – A Case Study of Haitian Earthquake Political and Public Policy Issues of Managing Natural Disasters;
b) Disaster management cycle adopted in the management of Haitian Earthquake
c) Disaster management models adopted during the disaster
– Political- current laws, policies and procedures, plans and strategies
– Policies and procedures for ensuring the effective integration of efforts
• COURSE NAME: International and Humanitarian Disaster Management
• COURSE DESCRIPTION: International and humanitarian disaster management has steadily evolved over decades. The increased emphasis on global disaster preparedness from both governmental and private sectors has widespread application across all borders. Through the exploration of disaster models, public health principles, economic, social and political elements, students will explore the application of the disaster cycle.
• Final Paper: The final paper is due by the last day (Sunday) of week 9. The length should be between 10 and 15 pages (not including title page, abstract and references), in APA 6th edition format. Topics need to be submitted for instructor approval by the end of week 4. This is the opportunity to delve into a topical area addressed in the course and develop an in-depth understanding of the situation. How is the disaster cycle used? What management model was applied? Discuss disaster management models, logistics, political and capacity related topics as applicable. This will be accomplished through a case study.
The final paper should focus on the political and public policy issues associated with disasters in developing countries since these countries are the focus of the course. Students can pick either a contemporary or ongoing disaster or one well described in the literature and then concentrate on one aspect of the incident. Draw parallels to other nation’s responses to a similar incident and discuss similarities and differences from first world nations and their response to a similar type incident.
Please note that while there are no formal examinations assessing acquisition of key themes and concepts, students will be expected to show a progressive sophistication in their participation, news reviews, group discussions and projects regarding integration and application of course readings and lectures to receive maximum credit.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂