U.S. history since 1876.
There are three primary steps:
1. Locate TWO (2) scholarly articles about a specific topic of interest doing by doing an advanced search on JSTOR, EBSCO: Academic Search Premier and/or Academic OneFile. The topics of the articles must be related in subject or theme (for example, the Civil Rights Movement, or issues of gender in post-World War Two American society).
2. Carefully read the articles.
3. Answer the questions (listed on page 2 of this prompt) for each article.
• Articles must be published in the last fourteen years (i.e., no earlier than 2000) and be at least ten (10) pages in length.
• When you quote or draw information from the articles, use MLA citation format.
??FURTHER SPECIFICATIONS AND SUGGESTIONS:
For this assignment, you must find scholarly articles based on the historian’s original research. It is very important that you do not use articles from newspapers or popular magazines (like Time).
RESEARCH ASSIGNMENT – QUESTIONS
Aside from #1, answer each question in at least a short paragraph of 3-4 complete sentences.
When including ideas and/or exact words and phrases from the article in your answers, cite the original page numbers in parentheses at the end of your sentences.
1. List the full bibliographic information about the article (author, title, et al) using MLA documentation format. Be sure to provide the URL for the article.
2. How do you know that the article is from a scholarly journal?
3. What are the author’s credentials? Is s/he a credible source?
FINDING THE SOURCE:
4. Why did you choose this topic to research?
5. Which online database did you use to find the article? Which keywords did you use?
EXPLICATING THE SOURCE:
6. What are the specific topic, as well as the general subject matter, of the article?
7. What is the author’s argument or thesis about the topic?
8. What types of evidence does the author use to support her/his argument?
9. What is the author’s purpose in writing this article?
10. Who is the author’s intended audience?
ASSESSING THE SOURCE:
11. Does the author make a persuasive historical argument? Why or why not?
12. Did you learn anything new about this topic from the article, or does it reinforce things you already knew?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.