Human Services Agency Analysis: HeartShare Human Services of New York
1. Select a human services agency and analyze the overall cultural competence.
2. Conduct at least one informational interview with an employee at the organization to support your analysis.
3. Specifically and thoroughly answer the questions (items A-G on concluding page of Chapter 2 in the text book: Diller, J. (2015). Cultural diversity: A primer for human services (5th ed.). Belmont, CA: Brooks/Cole Cengage. You will locate 4 or 6 outside recent and scholarly sources to support your answers to these questions.
4. In addition, thoroughly describe and provide examples of any ethnic conflict that affects the primary population that is being served by this agency.
5. Analyze, determine, and describe the bias in cross-cultural service delivery.
6. Apply relevant theories discussed in class to support your cultural competence analysis and paper discussion. Support items 2 – 5 of your paper with an additional 4 to 6 scholarly sources.
7. Determine and describe any recommendations that you would have for this organization to improve in these areas.
The paper will be in proper APA format (6th edition) and will be supported by 10 Scholarly sources and be 15 pages of text not including the abstract, cover page and APA formatted. reference page.
Writing and Organization Criteria
1. Writing style is clear and concise.
2. Tone is academic and appropriate for the content and assignment.
3.Thesis statement is clearly articulated.
Structure is logical, including an introduction, body, and conclusion.
4. Flow is maintained by effective transitions.
Rules of grammar, punctuation, and spelling are followed.
5. Adherence to APA formatting requirements is evident.
6.Sources are credible (preferably peer-reviewed) varied, relevant, and current (published within past five years); use of seminal work(e.g. Freud) is encouraged. Sources inform analysis,evaluation, problem-solving and decision-making.
7. Includes required number of professional/scholarly sources.
8. Addresses ethical considerations in research when appropriate.
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.