leadership and management theory to practice
The purpose of assessment 3 is to enable students to link leadership and management theory to practice, preparing them better for work as a registered nurse. The assignment requires students to reflect on their personal management and leadership skills. Students will identify both their strengths and weaknesses and indicate those areas requiring development.
In 2,750 words students are to discuss their personal leadership and management skills in the area of mentorship and practice development and discuss what they could do to enhance their personal leadership and management capacity in these areas.
This assignment requires personal reflection. It requires students to reflect on their own leadership and management skills, knowledge and personality. When doing so students may write in the first person if they choose. This assignment is a scholarly item of assessment so it is necessary to support the discussion with reference to the literature on leadership and management. Reference to the literature will demonstrate understanding of leadership and management skills in those areas where specifically skills exist or require development.
In the discussion require to define Mentorship then Identify strength and weakness points and how are you going to develop weak area?
Define practice development and what is the strength and weakness area and how are you going to develop weak area?
Short introduction about my hospital
I was working at tertiary hospital in the surgical intensive care unit. There are more than 70 nurses from different countries in the unit. Each year, many new nurses coming to hospital and my unit. Therefore, new nurses will be in the mentor program for two weeks before having patient independently. Mentorship is……..
Marking Guide – Assignment
Structure and Writing Style 20%
• Introduces/outlines/situates the topic of the assignment.
• Clearly describes the way in which the assignment will proceed.
• The assignment is structured in a logical sequence so that the content flows (headings may be used to develop the structure of the paper).
• The essays end with a cogent, defendable conclusion that summarises the discussion within the body of the paper.
• The assignment is written with clear sentence structure, clarity of argument and precision of expression and the spelling and grammar are correct.
Content and Critical Analysis 70%
• The assignment demonstrates a depth of personal reflection relevant to the topic.
• The assignment topic/issue has been discussed.
• The assignment content has clear links to contemporary leadership and management.
Critical Analysis (35%)
• The essay demonstrates a high degree of critical thought and insight by:
o providing a justification/rationale for the discussion
o demonstrating linkages between topic, self and the literature.
o discussing the topic from differing perspectives, thereby providing a balanced discussion.
• The referencing style used throughout the summary paper is congruent with the School Academic Manual.
• The reference list is accurate (i.e. no missing page numbers, volumes, correct title etc), complete (i.e. no references in the body of the paper are missing from the reference list) and consistent with the School Academic Manual.
• The references cited are contemporary (i.e. less than 10 years old unless seminal papers).
• Primary references are used predominantly (i.e. the original reference has been cited rather than a secondary source).
• There is evidence in the summary paper that the student has searched widely for information related to the topic/issue.
• The student has acknowledged all sources of information.
• Direct quotations are only used to make crucial points or to support the discussion/argument.
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.