Yemen-Policy Analysis Paper
complete writing assignments requiring them to identify, summarize, and analyze competing interests/actors and potential solutions related to a pressing international or global problem. As part of this assignment, we will teach students the following novice-level writing skills: citation and attribution; writing brief descriptions of a problem; analytic writing of contending actors and interests; and professional detachment from ideological or normative interpretations.”
Eva Sohlman “Yemen Fractures on the Brink of Civil War as Al-Qaeda Gains Ground” 2011 American Foreign Policy Interests
1. Why is Yemen, “the country of the three K’s”? What are these three K’s?
2. According to Sohlman what problems are associated with the rule of President Ali Abdullah Saleh?
3. What was the proposal made by the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) to President Saleh in April of 2011 and what was his response?
4. According to Sohlman and Vice President Abdu Rabu Mansoor Hadi how many Yemeni provinces are out of government control?
5. Since 2004 the Yemeni government has been fighting whom in northern Yemen?
6. What is Ansar al-Sharia? Who has rallied under its’ name and what does the name mean?
7. In what year did AQAP form? What groups merged to form AQAP?
8. According to Sohlman who has helped transform AQAP from a regional threat into Al Qaeda ‘s most active affiliate outside the region?
9. What are some of the terror plots linked to AQAP?
10. According to Ambassador Hull what approach must the United States implement in Yemen?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Are you interested in this answer? Please click on the order button now to have your task completed by professional writers. Your submission will be unique and customized, so that it is totally plagiarism-free.